10 April 2010

A Baby Album

I've been stalking Christine Clouse's blog for quite some time and am always blown away by her mini-albums. I took a stab at one and while it's not terribly detailed, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Here are a few of the pages:



I started the album at a crop and figured out the layout of each page. I wanted to stitch the pages together because I wasn't likely how flimsy the pages were feeling. So, when I got home, I started to stitch the cover together. Any my sewing machine broke. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it just did not want to feed the thread at an acceptable rate! I ended up hand stitching the pages together with a quick whip-stitch.



At the time,my friend didn't know if she was having a boy or girl so I tried to keep the album relatively neutral with the colors.



She decorated the nursery with a nature theme so I tried to add elements that fit.

All-in-all I'm happy I gave it a go. A few weeks later I saw a tutorial on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog on how to make another type of album. Since I was satisfied with this one, I gave that one a go, too! But that's for another post :o)

No comments: