26 March 2010

Lock Pick?

Last night my son was cleaning out the car and this morning, as we were leaving for work, realized that he had locked the keys in the car. Luckily, the passenger window was down just a tad... maybe a half inch. So we looked around the house for something to use to unlock the door.

My son has a small collection of decorative swords. I brought one downstairs and was told "That's way too short!" So, I grabbed the next largest, Sting.



Again, I was told it wouldn't work. Now, mind you I had suggested half a dozen things before getting to the swords so was quite frustrated with the negativity. I took the sword outside and shocked a family friend who was at our house (she drives my son to school each day, Thank you, Jen!). She asked if I was gearing up for a bad day at work, walking around with a sword! But, then I used it to unlock the car, yay! The boys were all thoroughly impressed and the girls cheered me on.

Gray might have said I'm amazing or I might have just imagined that. I felt great when my family thought it wouldn't work (and so weren't even willing to try) and I made it work.

So, what could have been a bad way to start a Friday turned out to give me a boost!

No comments: