31 January 2011

Pages from Marit's Class

I took the Let it Loose art journal workshop over at Marit's Paper World last year and never got around to sharing my pages. It was a fun community and her instruction was great! We got PDFs of each lesson and most times at least one supplemental PDF to help us along.

I love the softness of this one... spritzing onto very wet paper makes me happy... makes me feel cozy.


The writing on this was a middle-of-the-night rambling. I am not terribly fond of the deep texture I added but was pleased to learn that heating gesso makes it bubble... I'm very impatient :o)


I love my shrooms... even if I was trying to make trees when I started, lol! My son walked in while I was decorating and said, "Cool shrooms". And since he said it that's all I see :o)


This one was inspired by a post on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog. She posted about how people can really only have about 5 priorities in life. That inspired me to journal mine.


This page is about the sounds I used to hear out of my bedroom window each morning. I was very unhappy with how this started but eventually toned the pink circle down enough that I could live with it. It was an experiment and I'm glad I did it!


This was a summary of Marit's class. She really opened my eyes to being able to play with what's around me and not worry so much about how pretty I or others may think a journal page is. It's my journal and I'll play how I like in it!


I was slightly delusional while making this page :o) I have been struggling to sleep well for about 6 months. Every 6 weeks or so I get a great night in but I'm otherwise struggling with myself to stay asleep. This was a small piece of venting and while not super creative, it was something I felt was important to capture.


LOVED making this page. I painted the top with acrylics and scratched the top image of the tree into the paper. It took FOREVER but I really love how it looks and the texture is amazing. I had done this to photos before, without the added layer of paint and it was so much harder with that extra, thin layer of paint. But once started, I had to finish :o) I'm glad I did.


Thanks for stopping by :o)

No comments: