02 February 2011

STM #166 New Shoes

Loved making this layout for Scrapping the Music #165 New Shoes by Paulo Nutini. I got to play with paper in the way I love and I'm entirely delighted with the results.

I knew I wanted to play off of the amazing water in the photo and it was just a matter of figuring out what to do. I tore strips of cardstock and sprayed both sides in my spray box. The great thing about my spray box is that after a couple years of using it, anything wet that goes in picks up a mix of old inks. The result is slight variations of color (I use blues and greens most often so that is usually what is lifted form the box).

I cut a sun out of some Studio Calico paper but wasn't happy with the size... I wanted the sun to be substantial! So cut off the rays and added them to a Pink Paislee journal spot. I'm pretty happy with my sun :o)



Head on over to play along with this round :o)

No comments: