09 December 2009

Old Random Poem

I found this poem on a scrap of paper from a couple of years ago. (I'm a wee bit of a pack-rat when it comes to anything I might use creatively). Some of it makes no sense to me now and I think altering it would change it too much so I've left it as I jotted it down. I also wrote the following thoughts about the poem:

Bad poem I know but as I lay in bed this morning the crows told me it was time to get up and it just made me smile. I was up late last night, caught in a creative moment. I was still very tired at 8 a.m. today. And here I was gazing out my window smiling at the very loud crows. Then I thought how old am I?! Why am I happy about being wakened earlier then I'd like? Because I can hear them to be awakened and see them fighting for the best spot in the morning sun. Not all are so lucky as me :o)

I'll gladly take the cawing crow
Singing to the sun.
Even when I'm snuggled up;
When my bed and I are one.

I'll take the bickering kids
Not sharing with their toys,
The taunting back and forth
Who's better? Girls or boys?

I'll take my screaming Mother
As she tells me how I'm wrong
It means she's still alive
To give me love the whole day long.

I sometimes see I'm angry
At little things in life.
And pull back to remember
How else those things could be.

I don't want to hear "shut up"
Cuz imagine if they did.
You'd also not year "I love you"
and giggles from within.

-Kelli

No comments: