18 December 2009

Love making these trees!



So, this is a sample of my latest venture. I spent all of November making canvas art. This is one of the four I made with the trees. I really enjoyed making the trees :o) They took forever but were a lot of fun and I love how they turned out. I twisted some scrap wire I snagged from the free table at work (isn't free great?!) to make the frame. I then chose a variety of colors of embroidery floss (my mom gave me a huge stash last summer). I took the floss apart and mixed the colors together. Then, I wove several pieces of the floss through the wire frame, letting the left-overs hang out the ends of the frame. Way fun!

For the bg, I painted a variety of blues, purples and silvers. I think sprinkled some ink crystals over the whole thing, spritzed it with water and stood it up on end to dry. I used a Fancy Pants stamp with brown, purple and silver paint in the corner and an old sparkly moon (for which I don't recall the origins).

Some old block letter stamps with black Archival ink followed up with tracing with a yellow paint pen and voila! A baby step in the direction of canvas art :o)

Next time I make a tree I'll try to remember to take photos while I'm making it :o) My descriptions aren't always the best.

No comments: