22 January 2010

A Year in the Life #1

The first prompt for A Year in the Life of an Art Journal is "What?" kept you from art journaling in the past. Here's my page :o)



I had a lot of fun with this. I picked up a book about the renaissance from the free table at work. I love that era! Much to my dismay (sort-of), the previous owner cut out quite a few of the pages and images. I say sort of because then I didn't feel guilty cutting out the image I used for the base of my page. I painted over the back of the image I loved in a nice, soft green and wrote excuses I've used for not being artsy in silver pen. I used copies of my letters as a mask before spritzing the whole page in dark blue. The letters were cut from another partial page in the book and attached with some black pop-dots. Since this is my first experiment with art journaling, we'll see how the pop-dots hold up in the long run :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mandysea said...

OH MY GOSH!! This is AWESOME!! I love what you have created!! very very artsy indeed!!!