01 January 2010

Favorite Creations of 2009

First a few layouts that I love. They aren't necessarily creative masterpieces but they may just remind me of a great memory I was happy to capture.

This first is my favoritest favorite of the year. It's a layout of G when she used to enjoy dressing up as a fairy princess. I love her innocence in this photo.


I was trying to make layouts with only cardstock, ink and a photo. This is Z a few years ago. As he is growing up and finding himself I feel I need to remind him we appreciate who he is. We see that he has a heart of gold and we love that about him. He sometimes thinks we only see the teen 'tude; we know it's just a show.


Another layout of only cardstock, ink and a photo (that became many photos). I loved the geometry of this layout and how much fun we had with the water maze at Hever Castle.


Another layout from Hever Castle. I love the bond G and G have developed. This collection of pics melts my heart.


This is my fav pic of G. There's really nothing else to say but I love it.


And here are a couple of canvas art pieces I created in November. I was just starting to experiment on canvas so these aren't stretches of the imagination but I was very pleased with what I could do with paint and ink and not end up with a wrinkled mess.




I love this tag because it was another result of me playing around with no preconceived notion of what I wanted to make. I started off trying to heat emboss without a stamped image. I just sprinkled sparkly embossing powder onto a piece of dry paper and hit it with heat. I love the result. I then started smudging my two favorite colors over it all and as it started to look like a sky and treetops, found the stamps to add. Anywho, I loved the process and that's why it's a fav.


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

mandysea said...

Totally love your first and last one as my faves out of your faves!!!
They are all gorgeous!!
Hope you've had a wonderful start to you New Year

Tyggereye said...

That tree is amazing on that layout. Wow I love that!! Great stuff. Thanks for all the comments on my blog. I will have to look into more mystical stamp carving that'd be fun.