22 October 2008

The Challenge - My Heroes


I have a few heroes and have actually scrapbooked the page. I know I spelled Heroes wrong in the title but once the letters were down, I didn't want to risk marring the papers to tear them up and fix it.

They've earned the title of my heroes because their strength, both physical and mental, amaze me, even now. I cannot imagine the pain they've suffered and they've shown the true nature of their character through these trials.

My son, at 6, tried to rescue his 2 year-old little sister from a fire. How many 6 year-olds do you know that would do that?! I always knew him to be protective of his sister but this amazed even me. He is a special child and I'm so very grateful he's mine.

My step-dad was always the quiet strength; he was never overly loud about his feelings. This single act showed his entire family how much he truly cares about us all. My son woke him and in no time he was running into a burning bedroom to rescue my daughter. He brought great pain upon himself to spare those he loves.

I can only hope they will always know what their actions mean to so many.

4 comments:

Julie E. said...

That's a beautiful layout. What an amazing little boy you have. :)

Lydia Siegel said...

That is such a beautiful lo! I too agree with Julie also! You have such an amazing little man!

Marci said...

I agree....amazingly beautiful layout and TRUE heroes!

Susan said...

Wow, that is truly amazing about your step dad and little boy. They were very brave.