24 October 2008

Enough with the Freaking Peppers Already!!

We have a very talented chef in our cafe at work. He makes the most amazing meals and we get to enjoy them all at subsidized rates thanks to the company I work for. A couple months ago he hired on a new assistant. She sucks. Her food sucks. I'm pretty sure my 9 year-old can cook better then her. The main reason her cooking sucks? She puts peppers in EVERYTHING!!

One day the chef was out and on the menu was corn flake crusted chicken breast with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. YUM! Or not. A nice, good old-fashioned American meal and she put peppers in the mashed potatoes. Yesterday, one of the specials was steamed mussels over linguini with clam sauce. YUM! Or not! Fucking peppers in the mussels, too? What?! This morning I had to ask if the clam chowder on the menu was going to have peppers in it. Her response? Well, if I was making it I'd put peppers in but I'm not so I don't know. I've lived in Mass for 10 years now and I have never before seen clam chowder with peppers.

I'm so fed up with peppers showing up where they don't belong. Can she just follow a recipe?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's crazy!I've never met anyone who loved peppers that much. Yeesh.