01 March 2010

Dreaming rambles


I've been having some very vivid dreams of late. I had a dream within a dream the other day... in the embedded dream my son was as he is now, a 15-year-old learning how to read bus schedules. Then I woke from that dream, while still dreaming. I was in my car, parked in the street near Smith College. There was a police car parked next to me so I pulled in front of it and parked. When I looked in the rear-view mirror, I saw the right, back side of my car smashed in. I got out to look at it. There was an ambulance behind my car, next to it was my son and he was about 7. His 7-year old avatar was on a gurney, with traction gear all over, strapped down, his right knee swollen... the knee he cut really bad when he was about 7.

I'm usually more inclined to guide my dreams and let them continue but when I saw my son in this state I woke with a start to see if he was OK. I know there are skeptics out there but I have dreamed the future too many times to take dreams lightly. My son also dreams the future. I'm glad I had as well when he first asked me about it. I'm not sure how I would have harmed him if I were a skeptic and told him it wasn't real. Would he just close his mind and lose that gift?

Have you ever dreamed the future? Have you ever dreamed the same dream over and over? Knowing who you'll see? Knowing what you'll say? Until you reach the end of the story? Until you reach a place of peace?

No comments: